NOTICE INVITING BIDS
1. Notice is hereby given that the Governing Board of the JACOBY CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT ("District"), of the County of Humboldt, State of California, will receive sealed bids for the JACOBY CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT - CLASSROOM BUILDING RE-ROOFING PROJECT ("Project") up to, but not later than, 1:00 p.m., on Monday, May 22, 2017, and will thereafter publicly open and read aloud the bids. All bids shall be received at the office of the JACOBY SCHOOL DISTRICT, 1617 OLD ARCATA ROAD, BAYSIDE, California.
2. Each bid shall be completed on the Bid Proposal Form included in the Contract Documents, and must conform and be fully responsive to this invitation, the plans and specifications and all other Contract Documents. Copies of the Contract Documents are available for examination at the following exchanges and copies may be purchased through them:
- Humboldt Builders Exchange: 707-442-3708
- Federation of Cal Builders X: 530-343-1994
- Medford Builders Exchange: 541-773-5327
- Shasta Builders Exchange: 530-221-5556
3. The Contract Documents were prepared by SISKIYOU DESIGN GROUP INC. (GUY FRYER ARCHITECT), 303 BRUCE STREET, County of SISKIYOU, California 96097.
4. Each bid shall be accompanied by cash, a cashier's or certified check, or a bidder's bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California as a surety, made payable to the District, in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the maximum amount of the bid. The check or bid bond shall be given as a guarantee that the bidder to whom the contract is awarded will execute the Contract Documents and will provide the required payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates within ten (10) days after the notification of the award of the contract.
5. The successful bidder shall comply with the provisions of the Labor Code pertaining to payment of the generally prevailing rate of wages and apprenticeships or other training programs. The Department of Industrial Relations has made available the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which the work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to execute the contract, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes. Copies of these prevailing rates are available to any interested party upon request and are online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. The Contractor and all Subcontractors shall pay not less than the specified rates to all workers employed by them in the execution of the Contract. It is the Contractor's responsibility to determine any rate change.
6. The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work shall be at least time and one half.
7. The substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments in accordance with Public Contract Code §22300 is permitted.
8. Pursuant to Public Contract Code §4104, each bid shall include the name and location of the place of business of each subcontractor who shall perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the contactor in excess of one-half of one percent (1/2 of 1%) of the bid price. The bid shall describe the type of the work to be performed by each listed subcontractor.
9. No bid may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after the date set for the opening for bids except as provided by Public Contract Code §§5100 et seq. The District reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bidding.
10. Minority, women, and disabled veteran contractors are encouraged to submit bids. This bid is___/ is not X subject to Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise requirements.
11. The project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the California Department of Industrial Relations. In accordance with SB 854, all bidders, contractors and subcontractors working at the site shall be duly registered with the Department of Industrial Relations at time of bid opening and at all relevant times. Proof of registration shall be provided as to all such contractors prior to the commencement of any work.
12. Each bidder shall possess at the time the bid is awarded the following classification(s) of California State Contractor's license: (B) GENERAL BUILDING CONTRACTOR.
13. (Optional) By approving these bid documents for the Project, the Governing Board finds that the Project is substantially complex and unique and therefore requires a retention amount of __% for the following reasons: ______________________.
14. XX Bidders' Conference. A mandatory bidders' conference will be held at JACOBY CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT on WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. for the purpose of acquainting all prospective bidders with the Contract Documents and the Project site. Failure to attend the conference may result in the disqualification of the bid of the non-attending bidder.
JACOBY CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT
By: TIM PARISI, SUPERINTENDENT
DATED: APRIL 21, 2017
Publication Dates: 1) 04/27/17 2) 05/04/17