NOTICE INVITING BIDS
1. Notice is hereby given that the Governing Board of the Garfield School District ("District"), of the County of Humboldt, State of California, will receive sealed bids for the Supply, Install and Commissioning of five Mini-Split Heat Pumps Project ("Project") up to, but not later than, 3 p.m., on Tuesday, May 9, 2017, and will thereafter publicly open and read aloud the bids. All bids shall be received at the office of Greenway Partners, located at 1385 8th Street, in Arcata, California 95521.
2. Each bid shall be completed on the Bid Proposal Form included in the Contract Documents, and must conform and be fully responsive to this invitation, the plans and specifications and all other Contract Documents. Copies of the Contract Documents are available for examination at the office of the Garfield School District, County of Humboldt, California, and may be obtained by licensed contractors for free. Electronic copies of the Contract Documents can also be obtained from the Humboldt Builders Exchange (http://www.humbx.com/) or by emailing the Project Engineer (Nathan Sanger at firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Each bid shall be accompanied by cash, a cashier's or certified check, or a bidder's bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California as a surety, made payable to the District, in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the maximum amount of the bid. The check or bid bond shall be given as a guarantee that the bidder to whom the contract is awarded will execute the Contract Documents and will provide the required payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates within ten (10) days after the notification of the award of the Contract.
4. The successful bidder shall comply with the provisions of the Labor Code pertaining to payment of the generally prevailing rate of wages and apprenticeships or other training programs. The Department of Industrial Relations has made available the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which the work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to execute the Contract, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes. Copies of these prevailing rates are available to any interested party upon request and are online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. The Contractor and all Subcontractors shall pay not less than the specified rates to all workers employed by them in the execution of the Contract. It is the Contractor's responsibility to determine any rate change.
5. The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work shall be at least time and one half.
6. The substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments in accordance with Public Contract Code §22300 is permitted.
7. Pursuant to Public Contract Code §4104, each bid shall include the name and location of the place of business of each subcontractor who shall perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the contactor in excess of one-half of one percent (1/2 of 1%) of the bid price. The bid shall describe the type of the work to be performed by each listed subcontractor.
8. Minority, women, and disabled veteran contractors are encouraged to submit bids. This bid is not subject to Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise requirements.
9. The project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the California Department of Industrial Relations. In accordance with SB 854, all bidders, contractors and subcontractors working at the site shall be duly registered with the Department of Industrial Relations at time of bid opening and at all relevant times. Proof of registration shall be provided as to all such contractors prior to the commencement of any work.
10. Each bidder shall possess at the time the bid is awarded the following classification(s) of California State Contractor's license: C-20 Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor.
11. A non-mandatory bidders' conference will be held at Garfield School on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. for the purpose of acquainting all prospective bidders with the Contract Documents and the Project site.
GARFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT
By: Michael Quinlan (District Superintendent)
DATED: April 17, 2017
Publication Dates: 1) 04/20/217 2) 04/27/2017.